Hello patient supporters!
The first beta build of stellaren 2 is now available, it includes the first 8 chapters of the story.
Please note - it doesn't include other core gameplay features (combat, navigation, upgrades, etc.).
Please provide feedback either in the comments or to email@example.com.
My weekend release schedule
- 11pm - editing last 2 chapters of beta
- 12am - write a decent store listing description and fill out all forms
Saturday & Sunday
- edit chapters
- realize I'm missing some art assets
- drawing missing art
- google play error - no 64bit apk found
- realize unity 5.6 doesn't support 64bit, back up and update entire project to unity 2019
- all dependencies now broken, fix dependencies and update modules
- google play error - minimum target sdk is now 28, search google for an hour, update sdk and fix androidmanifest to target 28.
- eat frozen pizza, now game doesn't run, have to run sdk device monitor to find out exact error
- updating from 5.6 to 2019 causes issue, have to update activity class name in androidmanifest
- realize gui skip button not scaled correctly, have to rebuild
- "opted-in" for stupid google play automatic apk signing, now it won't take my apk. It won't let me opt-out unless I delete the store listing.
- Deleted store listing, accidentally removing all the forms and descriptions I filled out.
- Write some half-assed store description, finally upload working apk, updating to unity 2019 now apk size almost doubled, have to use expansion file -> 130mb+